Vacuum cleaning at home can take hours and hours. No matter if it is a single bedroom or the whole house if you don’t have the right product you won’t have efficient use of your time when vacuuming.
This gets even worse when you try to clean carpets or shags with a vacuum, where you can waste hours getting little to no results at all.
But we know how to prevent that: using one of the best vacuums for shag carpet. If you are someone who wants an excellent vacuum to get rid of dirt, dust, hair, or any other residue from your house carpets, then this article is for you.
Here we have everything you need to learn about these fantastic devices. So come further and learn more!
Check Out the articles Also:
Our Picks of the Best Vacuum for High Pile Carpet
Everyone wants to pick the best product for their household needs, and when it comes to vacuums for carpets, this can be a little problematic.
But we don’t want you to waste your time looking, so here we bring ten of the best vacuums in the market for carpet cleaning:
1. Electrolux EL4021A Silent Performer Bagless Canister Vacuum
- Silence Pro system for minimal noise and disruption
- Powerful cleaning to provide Deep cleaning suction on bare floors and carpets
- HEPA filter captures 99.97Percent of airborne pollutants to freshen your home
- 3-in-1 crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery nozzle
Few vacuums are as effective & silent as the Electrolux EL4021A. Vacuuming with this device is just amazing, but even better than that is the perfect result when it comes to working in thick carpets. You won’t have anything to complain about, from its deep suction to its bagless design; it is just a masterful device.
The best about this vacuum is the 3-in-1 tool that offers the advantages of different attachments in a single piece. You won’t have to change many times to get the result you want. Convenient, simple, and highly reliable – this vacuum won’t disappoint you.
Excellent Low-Noise Design
Coming with a Silence Pro system, you can be sure of using this device even at night without disrupting anyone’s sleep. It comes with a soundless canister, a sound-reduction design in the nozzle and motor, making it a perfect choice for those who like to clean their house at unexpected hours.
High-Quality Cleaning Performance
Despite its less noisy operation, this vacuum does not fall short when it comes to thick carpet performance. It goes very deep to suction dust, debris, and other contaminants from any surface while offering a top-notch HEPA filter system that gets rid of allergens.
And with its 3-in-1 crevice tool with upholstery nozzle and dusting brush, you get unbeatable performance with great convenience.
- Offers exceptional deep-cleaning results perfect for thick carpets
- Provides outstanding filtering performance with HEPA filter
- 3-in-1 versatile tools offer superb convenience
- The unique low-noise design maintains the vacuum working quietly
- Plastic design can feel too fragile
Q: Can this vacuum blow air instead of suctioning?
A: No, this vacuum is only useful for suctioning dust, debris, hair, dirt, and other small residues from your house/car/shop/etc.
Q: How long is the power cord?
A: The power cord is 18 feet.
2. Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
- FilterBag volume - 3.5 litres. Air clean sealed system
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex motor
- Air clean filter
- Sbd 285-3 rug & floor combination nozzle
When it comes to perfect and suction capacity, few vacuums are as exceptionally powerful as the Miele Compact C1. We can say it is the best medium pile carpet and low pile carpets as well. When it comes to performance, you get a simple design and meager overall value but making its power merely outstanding.
It comes with an outstanding 3.5 liters of dust capacity, and one of the strongest builds with stainless steel tube & several metallic parts.
Outstanding Suction Features
With this device, you get a combination of three crucial power factors. First, a Miele Vortex Motor that offers 1,200 watts of suction power for incredible strength. Then you get a unique suction control system with up to 6 settings for different results.
And finally, you get a top-notch floorhead feature that allows users to suction on hard floors, low and medium pile carpets without problems.
Safe & Convenient Design
Apart from being powerful, this device is also one of the most convenient out there. It comes with several accessories with VarioClip system for easy installing.
Then you get an AirClean filtering system that provides top-notch sealing while capturing all contaminants. And lastly, you get up to 29.5 feet of cleaning radius thanks to a long & accessible wand hose.
- Excellent suction capacity with 1,200 watts Vortex motor power
- Offers up to 6-settings and floorhead feature for desired results
- Very reliable filtering design with AirClean system
- Top-notch set of accessories and long hose & wand for convenient operation
- Bags can be costly & hard to find online
Q: How heavy is this vacuum?
A: It weighs around 14 pounds which is excellent for its size and overall performance.
Q: Do you need to buy bags for this vacuum?
A: While it is not necessary for the first few months of use after the bag starts getting too dirty you may eventually need to get new bags for it.
3. Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Adjustable vent system for easy maneuverability on soft style carpeting
- Special soft nylon brush roll bristles – effective, yet gentle on soft style carpeting
- Large front wheels – allows the vacuum to “float” on soft style carpeting making it easy to push and pull
- 200 sonic vibrations per second loosen deep, ground-in dirt and dust
Looking for the best vacuum for high pile carpet? Then you’ve come to the right place. The SonicClean Soft Carpet vacuum cleaner offers an excellent performance to get rid of dust, debris, and other residues in any type of carpets like an expert. The best of all, it makes plush carpets a piece of cake to clean.
One of the most exciting parts of this device is the Quiet Mode, which allows users to work in deep carpets without having to make much noise. And the best of all, it comes with a long 35-feet power cord for convenient operation.
Light & Easy to Operate
If there’s something this vacuum is unique for, is the ability to offer totally effortless handling. Weighing only 10.5 pounds and providing an Ultra-Soft brush with a totally ergonomic design, using this vacuum is incredibly easy.
It comes with indicators for full dust bags and lies completely flat on the floor so you can go below furniture more easily. There’s nothing to complain about with this device.
Excellent Performance & Design
Coming with a digitally controlled motor that offers 1150 watts of power and uses 50% less electricity than others, makes this device incredibly powerful.
It also comes with HEPA filter, a Deep Cleaning Mode for suctioning in thick carpets, and jam protection so it can keep working without clogging. And for even better results, you get 200 vibrations per second that take dirt and dust off the floor.
- The top-notch performance with 1150 watts and 200-vibrations Deep Cleaning mode
- High-quality design with only 10.5 pounds of weight
- Excellent choice of accessories with Ultra-Soft brush and several tools
- Safe Jam protection with a superb HEPA filter system
- Deep Cleaning mode produces a lot of noise that can be annoying
Q: Is this vacuum useful for high-pile carpets?
A: Yes, it is perfect for medium and high pile carpets as well as plush ones.
Q: What is the warranty of this vacuum?
A: This vacuum has a 5-year warranty for the motor and a 1-year warranty for the rest of the parts.
4. Kenmore Elite 81714 Pet-Friendly Ultra Plush Bagged Canister Vacuum
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently with multiple attachment tools and swivel head
- PET POWERMATE: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, dander and dirt quickly from surfaces. Unique design eliminates hair from tangling around the brush
- ULTRA PLUSH NOZZLE: Powerful airflow for a deeper clean. Pile height adjustment is manual
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
When it comes to the best vacuum for plush carpet, there’s no other option than the Kenmore Elite 81714. This pet-friendly canister vacuum offers an excellent experience when it comes to plush, super plush, or ultra-plush carpets. It is easy to maneuver and provides outstanding weight & design for easy handling.
But it still doesn’t leave any power behind and manages to come with several useful tools including a pet tool & a motorized brush. If you want resilience, ease of use, and excellent performance – this one won’t be a mistake to consider.
Exceptional Cleaning Power
With a 2-motor powered system and an Ultra-Plush nozzle, this device won’t let any dust or debris stay inside the carpets. It will get rid of everything, even pet hair that gets stuck deep in plush surfaces.
The cleaning performance is just impressive, giving 20% more power than regular vacuums, especially for thick plush carpets.
Convenient & Versatile
The vacuum is still one of the most convenient & easy to use out there. With its versatile design, pushing and handling in plush carpets is a piece of cake.
The best of all, it comes with four useful tools, including a motorized Pet PowerMate feature that gets rid of pet hair from the deepest carpets you can think of. And to make it even better, it comes with HEPA filtration, so you get a safe device entirely.
- Outstanding performance in plush carpets due to strong suction with 2-motor design
- Totally easy to handle and push in plush carpets
- A very convenient set of accessories and tools
- Top-notch HEPA filtration system for safer performance
- Motorized head makes it hard to pull back and forth in rugs due to strong power
Q: Can you use old accessories from Kenmore vacuums in this one?
A: Not all of the old accessories from other vacuums will work. However, some of them may eventually fit in the hose, others may be too tight or too loose.
Q: Does it offer great grip & mobility on hard floors?
A: Yes, whether it is stone or hardwood floors, this device will work well and will be easy to handle.
5. Oreck Venture Pro PetPower Multi Floor Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful bagged performance keeps dirt and debris from escaping back into the air for cleaning on hard floors, carpet and above floors
- Silent Technology with 5 suction speeds lets you clean with customized Oreck performance without all the noise
- Slim swivel steering lets you powerfully clean without having to lift furniture and other objects
- HEPA bag/system Check indicator traps dirt, dust and pollens while providing a bag diagnostic
Cleaning floors have never been as easy as it is with the Oreck Venture Pro vacuum. With a canister design, you get excellent performance, great comfort, and a wide array of features to enjoy while cleaning. Your vacuuming experience will get a lot better, especially when it comes to noise.
The device also offers excellent filtration system, an easy-to-handle design, and reaches long enough for convenient operation. If you want a device that does not falls short in any way, the Oreck Venture Pro is the one to go for.
Convenient & Easy to Use
You get a slim swivel steering system that provides the perfect handling operation for easy & effortless use. Then you get its extra-long reach that no other device in this price range offers, alongside a top-notch set of accessories for even better reach & performance.
It comes with two wheels for mobility and also comes with a handheld brush so you can use it more freely.
Excellent Cleaning Performance
Not only it is very powerful, but it also offers up to five different speeds so you can pick the right one depending on your needs. Apart from that, it comes with a HEPA filter bag that keeps almost all the dirt, dust, and contaminants sealed.
And to make it even more enticing, you get a Silence Technology which makes the vacuum very powerful without reducing overall power.
- Cleans deeply and effectively on any type of floor or carpet
- Provides a very convenient set of accessories with extra-long reach
- Comes with useful HEPA filter with bag
- Offers Silence Technology for great power at low noise levels
- A little slow and frustrating mode-switching system
Q: What is the extension made of?
A: The extension of this vacuum is made of metal for excellent durability & resistance.
Q: Does it work for suctioning animal & human hair?
A: Yes, you can clean anything from hair, debris, dust, dirt, and other small residues without issues.
6. Severin Germany Special Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- Cleans hard-floors and carpets, it's easy to handle thanks to adjustable power regulation, and provides high, constant suction on all surfaces
- With its advanced, anti-smell heap active carbon filtration system, it is ideal for pet owners and for those of us who suffer from various allergies
- Comes with a wide variety of tools including: An extra large upholstery tool with a "Claw-Collect" system that capture hairs, fibers and dirt quickly. Enjoyable silent- 74 dB
- Includes a 2-part accessory set, furniture and crevice nozzle, also, features a long extra large easy touch telescopic tube
You want a vacuum that gets rid of all the dust and dirt from the floor without breaking a sweat? Then you need to go for the Severin Germany Special.
This unique vacuum provides one of the most effective yet easy to manage devices out there, making it easy not only to operate but also to store and clean when needed.
It is made with German engineering, which means you get top-notch suction at the lowest noise level. Still, it is one of the most efficient and comes with a wide array of accessories for convenience & versatility.
Extremely Effective Performance
German engineering, MultiCyclone technology, Eco floor nozzle, Soft Sound design, and Jet-Drive Turbo brush, everything you need to clean your carpets masterfully. You won’t trust its ability to get rid of the dust, dirt, and even hair – especially with its XXL upholstery nozzle with Claw-Collect system.
And of course, these features will also reduce overall noise, which makes one of the quietest vacuums.
Reliable & Convenient
The reliability you get with German products is unmatched by any other product out there. When you add the HEPA-14 filter that gets rid of all contaminants, an anti-odor filtration system, and the perfect set of accessories, this device is simply on another level.
Add the XL parquet nozzle for gentle vacuuming and the textile bag for storage, and this device becomes an option not to dismiss.
- Superb German engineering and power-oriented design for excellent performance
- Top-notch HEPA-14 filter for superior contaminant sealing & protection
- A very useful set of accessories with several extra-large tools
- Outstanding low-noise performance at all times
- Plastic wheels can be hard on wood and tile floors
Q: Will this vacuum work in tall plush carpets?
A: Yes, as long as you use the proper brush it will get rid of all dirt, dust, and hair from your carpet.
Q: How much suction power does it have?
A: This vacuum has approximately 950 watts of suction power that works well with the extra-large nozzles.
7. Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet
- Dust cup capacity - 1.5 quarts. Shark's original full-sized Powered Lift-Away. The canister detaches to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- XL capacity with full-size performance.
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.
When it comes to worth, there are not many brands as amazing as Shark. The Rotator TruePet series is merely exceptional, maybe the perfect vacuum for medium pile carpet that you’ll find.
It comes with every single factor needed for superb performance, including a motorized brush, a floor feature, and a simple design & operation system.
This vacuum is filled with many features that will make cleaning easy & effective, so it is not a vacuum you want to ignore.
Shark vacuums are not underpowered in any way. They are probably the most effective and efficient in the market, with motors that surpass most of the other devices in the market.
This one comes with a TruePet motorized Brush and a Pet-Multi Tool for superb cleaning, as well as Hard Floor & a Carpet Mode you can use according to your needs.
Effortless to Use & Convenient
With controls at the reach of your fingertips, LED lights to use in dark areas, and a dynamic swivel steering, this device is easier than most other vacuums out there.
The best of all, it comes with a versatile feature which allows you to use the vacuum either as an upright or a canister vacuum depending on your needs. So you get a simple outstanding product in every way.
- Versatile 2-in-1 design with Lift-Away feature for upright or canister operation
- High-quality motor performance with useful tools & brushes
- Totally easy to use with Fingertip Controls & dynamic swivel steering
- Very Convenient LED lights and weightless design
- Small dust canister size needs to be empty very often which can be annoying
Q: Does it work well with shag carpets?
A: Yes, it works well with low, medium, high pile carpets, and shags. Just need to select the right mode when vacuuming.
Q: Does the vacuum have replaceable filters?
A: Yes, you will get replaceable and washable filters with it. You can get them straight from the manufacturer.
8. Oreck LW100 Magnesium SP Bagged Upright Vacuum
- 30 foot cord means fewer stops and speedier vacuuming. The on/off switch is under the handle. Best choice for plush, high-pile carpets and delicate surfaces
- Constructed from incredibly durable magnesium, it delivers all of the strength and durability that you've come to expect in an Oreck vacuum.
- Two speeds: high speed great for carpets, lower speed gentle enough for oriental and Persian rugs
- HEPA inner bag captures at least 99.97% of particles at .3 microns from the air passing through it, including pollen, mold, dust and animal dander
The Oreck LW100 Magnesium SP is a bagged vacuum with an upright design that will promote a totally easy & effective carpet cleaning performance you won’t get with many vacuums.
With an outstanding ability to clean, you can get rid of all residues & unwanted debris from your carpets without having to make an effort.
The device is also very convenient, works really well in two different speeds, and makes it easier to keep your house clean for years.
Offering two different speeds for carpets or delicate rugs, this vacuum works well with all types of carpet floors.
You won’t experience any issue while vacuuming carpets, as it gets rid of all the residues and dirt, plus coming with a HEPA inner bag filter that reduces overall contaminants from the air.
If there’s a device that will last for years without issues, it is the Oreck LW100. It is made entirely of magnesium, which means you get a huge advantage when it comes to durability & strength. And with its easy-to-use design and overall comfort, using this device is just amazing.
- Exceptional performance for rugs & carpets of all kinds
- Comes with useful HEPA bag and filters for effective and safe dust collection
- Magnesium build provides outstanding durability & strength
- Totally easy to use and handle with ergonomic design
- Lack of hose and useful tools makes the device a little inconvenient
Q: Does it come with any attachments or tools?
A: No, this upright vacuum comes alone with no accessories, attachments or tools.
Q: Does this vacuum offer a swivel steering feature?
A: No, it doesn’t come with swivel yet it is very light & easy to handle nonetheless.
9. Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet
- Dust cup capacity - 2.6 quarts. Never Loses Suction
- Lightweight and Maneuverable
- Superior Carpet & Bare Floor Cleaning
- Premium Pet Hair Cleaning Tools
For us, the most affordable vacuum for its quality is the Shark Navigator Deluxe. There’s no mistake when it comes to high-quality devices, Shark will never let you down, especially when it comes to this magnificent low-priced vacuum.
It comes with an exceptional fade-free operation, a long-lasting motor that never loses suction power, and a very convenient brush-roll that provides unbeatable power. The best of all, you get one of the easiest to use and convenient devices in the market.
Incredible Suction Power
Want to get rid of all residues on the thick carpets of your living room? Then you need to get a vacuum that never loses suction, which provides outstanding power, and comes with an excellent brush-roll for the deepest carpet-cleaning performance. When using this vacuum, there won’t be a thing to complain about.
Great Convenience & Versatility
With a simple design like the Shark Navigator, you can also get outstanding results with a large dust cup, an extra-long wand, a cordless model, and a 15-pound build.
You get the most convenient & versatile product in the market, and even more so when you add the tools & accessories like the crevice and the dusting brush.
- Top-notch power with fade-free suction for a very useful performance
- A durable & reliable motor that keeps working for years without issues
- Excellent design that offers great convenience & ease of use
- Versatile set of accessories with valuable features to enjoy in a simple design
- Lack of storage for accessories on the device can be a little frustrating
Q: Does it work in carpets of different heights?
A: Yes, it does not offer a particular button or feature to adjust, but it suctions well no matter what type of carpet it is.
Q: How many filters does the vacuum have?
A: This vacuum has three filters, and one is washable. Two of the filters are under the canister and are very delicate. The other one is a cylinder filter located in front of the canister that can be washed without problems.
10. Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team Bagless Canister Vacuum
- This powerful but quiet German-engineered Miele bagless canister vacuum has a Turbo Brush Floorhead for low-medium pile carpet, and a Parquet Twister floorhead with soft bristles for hard floors.
- Powerful Vortex Technology provides the deepest clean possible. Switch from 4 different suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned via Rotary Dial.
- The maintenance-free HEPA Lifetime Filter and Gore CleanStream Fine Dust Filter, ensure top-notch filtration. With Click2open hygienic emptying, you do not have to worry about that cloud of fine dust particles coming back up into the air when emptying the dustbin.
- Standard accessories include STB 305-3 TurboTeQ Floorhead, SBB 300-3 Parquet Twister Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool and Crevice Tool.
Naming the best vacuum for thick carpet is not that easy unless you’re talking about the Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo. This device is not only powerful with 1,200 watts of motor power, but it is also incredibly reliable, long-lasting, and offers exceptional control & handling for easy operation.
This is a perfect choice for those who want everything from their vacuum, without any drawback and always delivering the right performance no matter the difficulty or needs.
The Vortex technology used in its motor makes the Miele Blizzard CX1 an outstanding choice without a doubt. It is engineered to provide 1,200 watts of suction power with top-notch airflow.
This not only helps to get superb suction but also to reduce overall issues. This means you get a magnificently effective device with fewer problems in the long term.
Very Useful Extras
It comes with a Parquet Twister floor brush, a Turbo Brush for carpets, a bagless canister, and a HEPA filter. What’s more, you get several upholstery and crevice nozzles alongside a totally hygienic design for easy emptying & operation.
From the straightforward design to the high-quality set of accessories and brushes, this device leaves nothing to be desired.
- German engineered device provides superb quality in motor & design
- Provides up to 1,200 watts of suction power with fast airflow for reduction of issues
- Comes with a very convenient control design for a fast & easy operation
- Great set of accessories for a more effective & versatile performance
- A little heavier than other options
Q: What is the warranty of this vacuum?
A: Miele offers a 1-year warranty for parts and exterior, and a 7-year warranty for its motor.
Q: Does it come with a retractable power cord?
A: Yes, despite having a long cord, it is totally retractable with the touch of a button in the top of the device.
What Features to Look before Buying
There’s nothing more important to learn about vacuums than the different factors that compose a suitable device. Knowing these factors will give you the edge to eventually pick the right product – so come further and find out about them:
There’s maybe not a more vital part of a vacuum than the suction power it offers when it comes to carpets & shags. Remember that a rug can be high, medium, low pile, plush, or even a shag carpet which is slightly different from the others. Whatever the carpet you want to use it with, you need to pick the right suction power.
We recommend vacuums with at least 900 watts of suction power. While not all offer this kind of performance, you’ll be able to pick among the best (between 1,000 and 1,400 watts).
Other ways to spot great suction power is the type of action (cyclonic, multi-cyclonic, or similar). Additional aspects such as air-way speed, the effectiveness of Motorhead, and size of hose can help a lot too.
A vacuum for carpets can come in many configurations. It could be an upright vacuum, a canister vacuum, or a handheld vacuum. Each one offers its own advantages and performance, so it is important to tell one from the other.
Upright vacuums are the most common for carpet cleaning. They are the traditional design that needs to be pushed back and forth to work. These vacuums offer exceptional power and provide a very effective cleaning experience.
However, they are not as versatile or easy to use when it comes to cleaning walls, below furniture, or other awkward places. They are excellent for thick carpets.
Canister designs, in contrast, are decently powerful but not as much. These vacuums are frequently bagless, which means they come with canister dust cup that needs to cleaning, only emptying after using.
They reach many places nonetheless, as they usually come with a long hose & additional tools for convenience. You will receive an excellent performance for low and medium pile carpets.
Finally, you have a handheld vacuum. These are great for their convenience and versatility, but they fall short when it comes to performance. You’ll be able to clean low pile carpets or skinny ones. Yet they can work practically anywhere from walls to below furniture, over furniture, in small places, and much more.
Heads & Brushes
Depending on the design you pick, the vacuum will come with different brushes, heads, and nozzles. Each one will give you a different performance depending on your needs.
We recommend motorized brushes, as they not only offer the great suction from the vacuum but also shake or move the dirt or dust from the carpet effectively.
Handling & Comfort
Here we recommend considering the weight and overall ease of use. Remember you will have to go into places that are hard to reach and so on. It is important to make sure it won’t make your experience harder than it should be.
Another important factor in getting the right design is the type of handling & comfort you’ll get. It’s important to remember that even when having the same design, two models can have an entirely different result when it comes to control & ergonomics.
For example, you need to consider the ease of operation in the control panel or buttons. You also need to consider the handle or steering swivel.
Apart from that, the weight of the device could have a great impact (the heavier it is, the hard it will be to use), and most importantly, the overall strength and solidness of the design. If a product feels too flimsy or too stiff, it could eventually be a problem to use.
So it is important to always go for the product that’s easier to use, handle, and still comfortable to carry & manage. You get a vacuum taking this in consideration, and you’ll surely get the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s common to have doubts when buying a product, especially if you don’t know much about it. Luckily, we know precisely what doubts most users have when buying a vacuum for carpets, so here we bring them with their respective answers.
Q: What different types of carpets can I clean with these vacuums?
A: Mostly, it depends. There are many different types of carpets out there, from acrylic to synthetic, leather, wool, silk and other types. However, it mostly comes to the thickness and fragility of the shag.
The thickest the product, the more powerful of a vacuum you’ll need. But if the carpet is fragile, you’ll need a gentle operation as well.
Q: Is it common for a vacuum to come with two different warranties?
A: Yes, most vacuums, especially the most expensive ones come with a warranty of 1 or 2 years for the exterior and plastic parts, while the longer 3 to 7 years warranty is focused on the motor.
Q: How much maintenance does a vacuum for carpet needs?
A: These vacuums need a little more maintenance than other vacuums as they work in products that exert fibers, strands, and thread that can get clogged inside any device. It is recommended to clean & take care of the vacuum at least once every two uses.
Q: What’s the difference between a bagged and a bagless vacuum?
A: A bagged vacuum comes with a bag where all the dust, dirt, hair, and other residues get stored when vacuuming. This bag needs to be emptied after every use (recommended) and cleaned once every month or so.
A bagless vacuum, instead, comes with a canister or cup made of plastic that only needs to be emptied and that’s it.
Q: What if my vacuum is losing power?
A: It could be the device is full of residues and needs to be emptied, so it does not suction anymore. Or it could be the hose or nozzle is clogged or stuck. In the worst scenario, it is the motor that’s having trouble. Call the manufacturer for instructions to spot the problem.
Q: Can these carpet vacuums be used on hard floors such as stone or wood?
A: Most of them are excellent for any type of surface. You won’t have any problem using any of these vacuums in any other part of your house.
Q: Can these vacuums suction moist residues or liquids?
A: No. Most vacuums for carpets are exclusively dry vacuums, which means any liquid or moist residue may eventually damage the filters or the device completely.
Q: Are some brands better than others?
A: Sure. But there are hundreds of models to choose from, so it is better to pick the one that fits your needs & quality requirements instead of selecting a model for its brand prestige.
After an extensive article about the best vacuums for shag carpet, you are probably unsure about which one to pick. If this happens to you, don’t worry.
There are many factors to consider so it could take a little time to know which one will be the ideal one for you.
We recommend considering all the different factors that compose vacuums as well as your needs. Eventually, choosing the ideal device will be a piece of cake. Just give it time and a little effort to think, it will be easier than you think!