Laminate floors need proper care in order to look persistently stylish. Therefore, you need to choose the appropriate tools to clean them.
Now, what is the best mop for laminate floors? Well, there are quite a few mops out there that qualify for the best spot. Each one of them has some unique features. We have researched about them and tried to find out what they are about. In this article, we will try to give you a clear idea about these products. After you are done with reading, you will know what you want. So, if we may…
In a Hurry? Check Our Top Picks of Laminate Floor Mops
Check Out the articles Also:
Types of Mops
The right floor mop for laminate floors is the one that allows you to finish the job without needing too much water. For an excessive amount of water is likely to ruin the floor. That would be really unpleasing. On the other hand, deficiency of water also leaves the floor improperly cleaned. Therefore, you want something in between.
There are various types of mops out there that will interest you. All your needs for cleaning your floors will be fulfilled by the quality products the market is packed with. So, be content and read on.
If you need to clean the floors from dust only, then you should get the best dust mop for laminate floors you can find in the market. They come as tailor-made since there is no wetting involved. In terms of styles, there are quite a few options. If I may suggest, you will be better off with the electrically charged ones. These are single-use cloths.
If you happen to have household pets, then the dander they leave behind are easily picked by these mops. Also, they pick hair, dirt, dust, etc. There always are tiny pieces of messes the traditional brooms miss. You will find these mops helpful in this case. Needless to say how easy they are to use. So, yeah, a good option for anyone who loves their stuff simple.
There is another option if you want to go beyond only dust cleaning. These mops fit conditions where one needs to clean surfaces but doesn’t have to do the scrubbing yet. You will find a similarity between the dust mops and this particular type, and that is they both come as single-use cloths. Then there are some that come with microfiber cloths. These clothes are removable, washable and repeatedly reusable.
What’s really good about them is the ease of using. Once you have attached the cloth to the mop head and pressed the handle to get the cleaning solution, you are all set to mop. The spray’s role is to remove the sticky messes on the surfaces.
This is also a good option for cleaning your house floors. Whenever you feel like giving your floors a good mopping, you should grab this useful buddy and get right to work. The best thing about these sorts of mops is that they do not require much water. In fact, they demand a very insignificant amount when we compare with other traditional mops.
What these mops do is, they remove all the extra solution not leaving the floor wet. And if they didn’t do so, your floors would have been ruined.
If you happen to be a parent or own any pets, then the steam mops are perfect for you. These mops leave the floor super clean and perfectly sensitized. What is outstanding about them is that they do the cleaning job with perfection and are easy to use at the same time.
First, you fill the water reservoir. Then you plug the mop in. It will heat up in a short time. After that, you can get to mopping. These products come with mopping pads. You can remove, machine wash and reuse them. All a steam mop requires is heated water. They do not need any harmful or toxic chemicals.
Top 10 Best Laminate Floor Mop Reviews
Let’s check out our recommended products. They are among the best available out there. Getting familiar with these kits will make the decision making easier. After that, you can choose the best mop to use for laminate floors.
1.BISSELL PowerFresh 1940
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals. Eliminates 99. 9Percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
This product does the floor cleaning quite impressively. And in doing that, doesn’t require much of bucks from your pocket. It wipes out basically any mess that is stuck on the floor. Among the worth mentioning features this guy comes with are adjustable steam levels and a removable tank. You will love the fact that it takes little time to heat up.
One of the reasons that qualify it to be a top class competitor is that it gives rise to the perfect amount of steam. Thus, your floor will be neither slippery nor left with any stuck-on. If you have stuff like sticky and difficult to remove dried mustard on the floor, this little thing will clean it effortlessly.
What makes it a quality mop is that it has a very high average temperature. With higher temperature, mops work better cutting through stuff and eliminating germs. In addition, this mop has a 13 inches wide surface for cleaning.
Nevertheless, it gets under any mess easily and also into difficult to reach corners. And what’s more, there is a removable tank. For all these reasons, we think, this might be the best steam mop for laminate floors.
2. ALLZONE Professional Microfiber Mop
- KITS INCLUDED: (2) Microfiber Wet Mop Pads, (1) Microfiber Dust Mop Pad, (1) 60'’ Adjustable Aluminum Mop Handle, (1) Aluminum Mop Frame, (1) FREE Scraper Cleaner
- BEST ROBUST ALUMINUM HANDLE: Mop handle used 6063 aluminum with texture design instead of cheap lightweight smooth handle, Non slip and No distorted or bend under normal use. NEVER RUST
- 360 DEGREE ROTATABLE: Rotate it with 360 degree and easily reach every surface and underneath furniture.
- EXTRA FUNCTION- With two cloth holders, you can customize your own pads or used cloth or clothes on it without buy expensive mop pad, great option to clean the window, door, wall etc
ALLZONE has produced a mop that many consider as the best microfiber mop for laminate floors. This is nearly an all in one kit. If you are looking for a mop that has extra uses, then get this one. From ceiling cobweb cleaning to windows wiping, you can use this for a lot of work other than mopping the floor. The mop comes with microfiber pads, three of them.
With the dry pad, you can pick up furs and hairs. And the wet pads are made to fight off bacteria. You can use this mop on various surfaces like hardwood, tile and laminate floors. Among the impressive features is the mop’s handle. It is aluminum made and has 30-60 inches extension. In addition, it is rust free, anti-slip and scratch resistant.
You won’t have to worry about any bend or distortion, for it has a sturdy build. The mop has a large enough surface area and accompanied by a rotatable hinge to reach difficult places. In doing so, it won’t flip over. You will find the design to be helpful in controlling the mop when wiping ceilings and windows. What’s more, there is a scraper cleaner available with the product.
3. Microfiber Wholesale 18” Professional Microfiber Mop
- Professional quality, great for cleaning the home or office. Get your hardwood, laminate, tile, stone and concrete floors clean in a fraction of the time with less effort!
- Included: (2) Microfiber Wet Mop Pads, (1) Microfiber Dust Mop Pad, (1) 6’ Adjustable Stainless Steel Mop Handle, (1) Heavy Duty Aluminum Mop Frame. NEW: Also included are 2 FREE Premium Microfiber Cloths!
- Our microfiber mops clean more thoroughly and more effectively than cotton mops. They're machine washable, much more economical than disposable products. Detailed use and care instructions included.
- Use the Microfiber Dust Mop to collect larger debris like pet hair, dirt and dust. Use the Wet Mop Pads for a deeper clean. Microfiber cleans more quickly and thoroughly than other cleaning products. Replacement Mops are available. For the Wet Mop Pads search B07YNWDM7G, for the Dust Mop Pads search B00ON8R5EO
This mop weighs only 3 pounds and thus it is one of the lightest kits out there. That is very impressive and makes the work convenient. There is an aluminum mop frame, wet mop pads and dust mop pad. So, you can say goodbyes to grin, dirt and dust on your floor with this mop.
When you have a stainless steel handle in your hand, you can extend it with no damage at all. You have a 28 inches length adjustment to protect yourself from any physical harm. For working with a mop causes back pain at times. Adjusting the length is quite simple with the compression ring you will find in the middle of the handle.
The 18 inches mop head of this tool offers you access to tight room corners as well as makes the cleaning faster. It rotates 360 degrees to reach those hard to reach spaces. You can wash the pads with a machine. Just make sure that you have gone through the washing instructions first. Also, assembly instruction is in place to know how to use the mop the right way.
4. SKG Steam Mop (KB-2012)
- 212F hot steam clean up to lots of dirties. For the best results, use distilled water in your steam mop if you live in an area with hard water.
- 180-Degrees-Triangle-Head design, easy to maneuver and reach every corner. Convenient to install and storage.
- 6-in-1 multi-function design for every area: kitchen, living rooms, toilet etc. Suitable for different surface including tile, wood, vinyl and laminate floor.
- Smart digital setting from low to max steam control let you customize your cleaning experience, especially the grout sticky and toughest mess.
SKG has come with a mop that has a triangular head and rotates 180 degrees. With a 1500 watts machine, it cleans the floors, carpets and all those tricky corners. What attracts me most is the fact that it is a 6-in-1 steam mop. These 6 bad boys together do not leave any impurity left on any surface they come in contact with.
For instance, there is a slip ring for gliding through the carpet. Then there is a table attachment to give your tables a nice cleaning. After that, you have the squeegee to mop your windows.
Now, about the accessories, there are cleaning board cloth, window cleaning tool, extension hose, square-head cloth, three brushes, slip ring, and a garment steamer. If you do not like to work with the handle on, you will find it detachable. And you might like the triangle mop head also. Some other features that make this mop a compact one are variable steam settings, swiveling head and sound alert system.
5. OLLSDIRE Microfiber Mop
- 【FIXED BY ROPES】 OLLSDIRE microfiber mop is hooked with four ropes to solve the problem of non-stick Velcro.
- 【EASY TO DRY】 OLLSDIRE microfiber mop cleaning ability , the microfiber cloth is easy to clean and dry that can be cleaning by washing machine and screw the pole to dry .Also have TWO FREE PREMIUM microfiber clothes.
- 【EASY TO MANIPULATE】 OLLSDIRE microfiber mop can be rotated 360° so that you can easily reach the area under the table, chairs and other furniture by the wood floor mop.
- 【IMPROVE WORK EFFICIENCY】 OLLSDIRE microfiber mop has the 18-inch mop pad, it is worthy to spend a litter money to do so many things.
OLLSDIRE has paid attention to some technical things to make its product a quality one. The mop pads it comes with have four loops. Through these loops, the attachment of pads with the mop gets done. The company has done this to address the issue of mops getting detached from the pads.
Then there is a squeezing mechanism for pads. With this feature, you can squeeze the pad without removing it. All you have to do is releasing the lock of the handle, lowering the cleaning head ends and rotating the handle.
6. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
- Heats from plug-in to steam in just 20 seconds.
- Adjustable steam level settings.
- Kills 99. 9% of bacteria* on floors without any cleaning chemicals. (Tested on E. Coli bacterium)
- Lightweight design - only 5 lbs.
This is the respective brand’s first ever steam mop production since their first launch in 1960. They say that it kills practically 100 percent bacteria. And, truth is what they say. For it has been tested on Escherichia coli bacteria and the device just nailed it.
When we look at this fine production, the triangular head gets our attention the foremost. For we know how precious little feature it is when it comes to corner moping. Then there are the microfiber pads. They are ‘super absorbent’. Therefore, there won’t be any slipping business for the floor will dry in a blink.
The pads are quite gentle with the floor leaving no marks. What’s more, they come as reusable and washable. When they wear off after about 25 uses, you can always get replacement pads from O-Cedar. Now, about the steam settings, it heats up fast and comes with two different options. The minimum volume suits the delicate surfaces like laminate floors whereas the maximum one is for hard floors.
When the machine goes low in terms of water, you will have to refill it instantly. But, rest assured, for there is a self-protective mode in place. Also, there’s a carpet glider to refresh the carpets.
7. Temples Pride Professional 18″ Microfiber flat mop
- SO MUCH BETTER THAN A DISPOSABLE MOP WIPE SYSTEM - This professional microfiber mop is much easier to use, it's also easy to manoeuvre, attach and change the pads, easier to wash and very easy to get under furniture. This is about as easy as mopping gets.
- THE MICRO FIBER PADS ARE EASY TO CLEAN AND DON’T SHRINK - Just throw them in the washer and you will soon discover that this is the best sustainable way to have a mop that cleans deep, is environmentally friendly and last’s a long time in your home.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO BEND OVER - The sturdy and well constructed telescoping handle is easy to adjust and allows any hight adjustment from 29 Inches all the way up to 69 Inches.
- COVERS A-LOT OF AREA IN ONE SWEEP - With it’s large, 18 Inch base, it devours floor space in no time. Even better for quick and easy cleanup’s, makes mopping the floor a breeze whether you use the duster pad or the wet cleaners.
You have three moping pads designed for different sort of tasks with this product. There is the dry pad for picking up fur, dust, hair, etc. If you have pets inside your house, you certainly are gonna need it. Then you have the superabsorbent wet pad that removes 99.9 percent bacteria. It is also suitable for mopping bathroom floors.
What appears to be the most impressive one is the combination pad that does the job of both dry and wet pads. This mop is suitable for hardwood, vinyl, laminate, tile, polished stone and bamboo. Lightweight aluminum was used to make the handle that provides a comfy grip.
You will find a clip and a pivoting head for locking the mop head. When you need to use the mop for cleaning underneath furniture, unlocking the clip will provide you with full swiveling. There is a bit of issue with the locking clip though. When you apply force, it unlocks and flips.
As far as cleaning is concerned, it demands zero hassle since you can machine wash the mop. Just make sure you don’t use hot water and fabric softener.
8. Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop
- ENJOY A CLEANER HOME FASTER THAN EVER - Our mop system is perfect for cleaning all types of floors, including laminate, hardwood, tile, vinyl, stone, and concrete. Our microfiber mop heads are durable and machine washable, providing money-saving value over traditional mops. The 180* swiveling mop head makes it easy to reach under furniture, while the extendable 56 in. long handle allows you to clean windows and ceiling fans.
- EASIER TO USE THAN THE COMPETITION - Our patented mop plates make rinsing the mop head easier than any other mop on the market. You don't have to spend as much energy to get the mop head to spin. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- YOUR HOME DESERVES THE BEST QUALITY - Our Deluxe Model features large wheels and 2 handles for easy mobility while cleaning. Our spin dry basket is Stainless Steel, unlike our competition who uses plastic or aluminum. The Mopnado handle is also constructed out of stainless steel for durability and backed by our 1 year warranty.
- NEVER BUY ANOTHER FLOOR CLEANING SYSTEM AGAIN - This kit includes 2 microfiber mop heads, a scrub brush attachment and a cleaning solution dispenser built into the mop bucket and the highest quality stainless steel handle set.
Convenience is what this mop will provide for you in all the mopping sessions. The thing I liked the most about it is the mop bucket it comes with. You have two compartments of it to dry the pads and rinse. Also, you will like the cleaning solution dispenser that mixes quickly with water.
One more thing you might like is that the mop pads are very frequently squeezable. When you move the handle fast, you will find the mop head spinning speedily. That’s how your mop pad gets dried in no time. For laminate floors, it is important that they get dried fast. Then there is the 180-degree rotating mop head.
By virtue of its Snap-on mechanism, switching between mop pads becomes swift. Another thing worth mentioning is that the whole mopping process takes lesser time with this mop. What’s more, you are going to have a scrub brush and a couple of soft mop pads. You can use the mop for all sorts of floors including concrete, stone, vinyl, tile, hardwood, and laminate.
9. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner, 2039A
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors ; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power Rating : 0.9 Amps
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky messes
- Reduces cleaning effort with power spin pads for a hands and knees clean
This product is very suitable for delicate surfaces like vinyl, laminate, hardwoods, etc. With the pair of spinning pads it provides, you can scrub the floor and mop the narrow spaces as well. How it uses a tank to spray the water solution instead of steam, is also fascinating.
Among the features, first, you have the power spin pads. Two of these are there to scrub and another couple for soft sponging. When you need to deal with the stuck on, sticky messes, the scrubby ones will be at your service. For delicate floors like hardwood, the soft pads will be quite handy. You will find the pads spinning together once you turn the machine on. And, there are replacement pads available, too.
Another worth mentioning feature is the spray it comes with. With a push of a button, you can use it to make your floor look neater. There is a 20 feet long electric cord in place to allow you flexibility in using it. This mop weighs 9.5 pounds.
10. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop
- Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops
- Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- 22 oz. refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
This mop kit is one of the best among the spray mops. To apply a mopping solution on the floor, all you have to do is pull the trigger. There won’t be any need for you to bend down repeatedly when you want your laminate floor to shine. A 22 ounces bottle fits the spray mop which you will be able to fill with any type of cleaning solution.
What users like about this product are that it provides convenience as the steam mops do. Nevertheless, it respects one’s style of mopping floors in the old school way. That’s why you are able to use custom solutions with this mop. As for the refilling, you can remove the bottle anytime and fill it with the cleaning solution you like.
Another worth mentioning feature is the scrubber that doesn’t cause any scratch. You can deal with stubborn messes with this thing easily. It is attached with the cleaning head. What’s more, you get three microfiber pads that are washable and a couple of refillable bottles. For long uses, you can fill both the bottles.
What Makes the Best Laminate Mop?
There are some features you should look for before buying your mop. Then you can choose the best mop for cleaning laminate floors from all the products out there.
We are dealing with a tool that you need to use day in and day out. Needless to say, if it is too complicated to use them, then you might end up not using it to start with. Therefore, convenience would be the first thing you want your mop to offer you. Not only for simplicity in use, but also to perform smoothly, is this criterion important.
Manufacturers take this fact into account very seriously. We might not be able to talk about all the features they include to add convenience to their products. But, let’s get familiar with a few of them.
Handle Height Adjustability
Not every user would need this, but to have the feature in your mop is quite comforting. Be it a short-statured person or a tall one, everybody benefits from this feature. You would be in hassle if the handle turns out to be too short or too long. Besides, height adjustability lets you reach distant places like underneath furniture.
Rotating Cleaning Head
Mops these days almost invariably come with this feature. These fully revolving cleaning heads let you maneuver easily when you are working. You might wanna make sure that this incredible feature doesn’t go missing in your mop.
Size of The Cleaning Head
If your laminate floored room has some low furniture, then you should buy a mop with a cleaning head that is compact. Keep this in mind especially when you are looking for a steam mop. They tend to be bigger than others.
The Shape of The Cleaning Head
Triangular and rectangular cleaning heads are perfect for having access to corners. As for the round heads, they aren’t really capable of doing those narrow spaces. Therefore, better avoid them if you have a whole lot of corners to mop.
To find out about the durability of the products you must go through the online user’s review. That’s the only way to know if the manufacturers had big mouths only or their products really delivered.
Your mop shouldn’t give you a hard time by weighing too much. Especially, if there are any mobility issues involved for you, then it’s a no-no. The dry mops weigh really light as well as the spray ones. Spin and steam mops are on the heavier side. So, watch out buying them if you are looking for lightness.
Usually, mop pads come with any quality product these days. But, there are a few things to note. Firstly, make sure that you easily get new ones whenever the old pad gets worn out. The wise decision would be buying a mop that features a minimum of two mop pads. That would save time during the long working sessions. It would be better if the product features different types of pads, both dry and wet ones.
Tips for Cleaning Laminate Floors
There are certain ways to have your laminate floor cleaned. We are gonna talk about them in brief.
The Usual Cleaning
You need to swipe the floor regularly with the mop. If there are any spills, clean them up immediately. You might need mild detergent to clean perfectly.
The Classic Style of Using Hot Water
Fill the bucket, soak, wring out, mop; simple. Use lukewarm water instead of too hot. The mop should be mildly damp. Then mop thoroughly across the floor. Once you are done with cleaning, dry the floor with a microfiber cloth.
Mix the vinegar with water. Spray it on the floor little by little. Wipe it out the floor using a damp cloth or mop. Then dry the floor with a cloth. You can also use a mild detergent. Mix them with a lukewarm water-filled bucket. Then soak, mop, wipe the floor and dry it with a fabric.
If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a window cleaner to wipe them out. Plastic knives do well with the chewing gum. And if there’s any grease, freeze them away by applying an ice pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are the laminate floor mops capable of cleaning other types of floors?
Yes. They clean floors including stone, tile, hardwood, etc. But you might need to change the cleaning cloth or pad sometimes.
2. Is it alright to use a string or sponge mop?
No. They leave marks on the floor. Also, they might ruin the floor by holding too much water.
3. Does the water require frequent changing?
Not really. Only when they get dirty, then you should refill.
4. Does the mop head need cleaning after mopping the laminate floor?
Yeah, you should wash them every time. Otherwise, they might give rise to odor.
5. Should I vacuum first before using the mop?
Yes, you should. Dust is attracted to the mop. Vacuuming first will prevent that occurrence.
6. How is a laminate floor made?
Five materials are used to make them form different unique layers to serve different purposes.
We have tried to bring up everything that you should know before you purchase a mop. Hope our article will help you find the best mop for laminate floors. And let me know your thoughts about my recommendations in the comments section.